Valkyrae is an Internet persona and one of the few female gamers who has been seeing rising success. Valkyrae is a household name in the gaming world with her Gaming Award.
She is a Youtuber with “The Queen of YouTube” title to her credit. She dominated the streaming world by becoming the most-watched streamer of 2022. It’s interesting to know more about Valkyrae!
Rachell Hofstetter, alias Valkyrae, was born on January 8, 1992, in Washington. With an enormous 3.5M followers, this 29-year-old is a celebrated Instagram influencer.
She has become the co-owner of ‘100 Thieves’ a gaming and lifestyle brand. She is on top in a male-dominated esports industry and has inspired many females. Around half of her viewers are females. She’s a professional ‘Among- Us’ and ‘Fortnite’ player.
Early life and family
Rachell was born to a German father and a Filipino mother. She graduated from a community college in Washington, with an Associate in Arts. She has always been a tomboy and fell in love with gaming at quite an early age. “Bubble Bobble” on the Nintendo Entertainment System gave her first gaming experience. During graduation, she used to work at GameStop. Instagram gave her her first fanbase. There, she got suggestions of streaming on Twitch an overwhelming number of times.
Valkyrae lost her father to cancer. She is quite close to her mother and sister and has even helped her mother financially. She currently lives in Houston, Texas.
Her career and major milestones
- Valkyrae started streaming on Twitch in 2015. In 2018 she became the content creator for 100Thieves, being the first female to work in their team.
- In January 2022, she left Twitch to stream her content exclusively on YouTube. After having fewer views initially, her streaming got a big boost especially with the multiplayer game Among us.
- In 2022 she outperformed Pokimane as the most viewed female streamer of the year 2022.
- In 2022, she was declared as the co-owner of 100Thieves, being an equal partner with CourageJD. 100Thieves is valued at $190million recently.
- She has collaborated with big names of the gaming world like Disguised Toast, Corpse Husband, Pokimane, xChocoBars, Fuslie, and others.
- Along with Natsumii, another content creator, she released a cover of the song Last Cup of Coffee by Lily Pichu in 2022.
- She was even featured in Machine Gun Kelly’s “DAYWALKER!” earning more than 11 million views.
- In 2022 she bagged the Adweek Creator Visionary Award. She has over 3 million subscribers and more than 290 videos on YouTube.
A few things you didn’t know about Valkyrae
- Her fans call her Clutch Queen/ClutchyRae because she can clutch rounds surprisingly and win eventually.
- Her name comes from adding Rae, short for Rachell, to Valkyrie.
- She has appeared in Jimmy Fallon’s ‘The Tonight Show’ along with Kirk Douglas, The Roots, Stranger Things cast, and others.
- She starred in Bella Poarch’s song called ‘Build a Bitch’.
As of 2022, her net worth is nearly $1.5 million. Valkyrae is one of the highest-paid female Youtubers. Apart from streaming her net worth is also contributed by modeling and acting.